Saturday, March 3, 2012

Letter from Sister Saal - Feb 27, 2012

Hello everyone!
I feel so blessed by the Lord. My district is epic, my companions are amazing, they have cereal here with any meal. What more do you need? We have been blessed to hear from wonderful church members at our Sunday night devotional and our Tuesday night devotional. This week it is rumored to be President Monson J. That is the rumor every week. (
The speaker on Tuesday was Jeffrey Holland!)
I have learned so much in a short amount of time. Today is Monday, February 27, 2012. In less than 48 hours I will be on my way to Vancouver Canada! This morning we said good-bye to Sister Jackson and 5 elders! It was so sad and class today was crazy small. Sister Christiansen is off to Hawaii a week from tomorrow. I am lucky enough to have the 3 final elders come to Vancouver! I am so thankful for the teachers I was blessed with, and my branch presidency. If this is how the field is, I am so ready.
So, this past week. Tuesday, we had a devotional from Larry Y. Wilson. He talked about reading the BOM with converts or investigators. If you can, you should help missionaries out in any way possible. This work will not progress without the help of members. I hope you will all take the chance to help out the missionaries in whatever way possible.
Wednesday we welcomed in all the newbs. We received 8 new elders in our zone. They weren’t blessed enough to receive sister missionaries. They are super cool. Thursday, Friday & Saturday are the long days! If you can make it to Sunday you will be golden. That is not just for the newbs coming in. However, Friday we had in –field orientation. We met a few famous people. Some of the missionaries from the District helped us out. It was really good. Not only did it get us out of the classroom. We learned a lot about working with the ward. It was super great. I loved it.
Sundays are always great. I had to give a talk in Sacrament in front of my zone. It was on obedience. I think President Gulber was trying to say something. This morning we went to the temple to do sealings. It just strengthened my testimony on the family so much.
I am so happy to be here! I am so excited to leave! I will get you my address ASAP.
Love, Sister Saal

No comments:

Post a Comment