Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 letter

Hello my dearest family ! (and friends)

A warm(ish) welcome from the Island on the first day in October. I am still here in Courtenay and I am loving every minute of it. This place truly is the promised land. I may move back. :) Sister Nuttall is my new companion and she is fantastic. She trained Sister Thayer (Caitlin's last companion), so she is like my step-grandma. She is from Delta, Utah and spent some time at BYU. She is getting close to the end of her mission. I hope I am not the one to kill her. 

I have been spiritually fed this week and and the feeding just keeps on coming. Zone Conference tomorrow, followed by General Conference, and Stake Conference. My mind may just explode! 

We had the chance to go to Richmond for the Sister's Conference. Thursday night Sister Thayer, Sister Nuttall, Sister Thompson (Sister Nuttall's old companion and Sister Thayer's new companion), and I went out to eat in downtown Vancouver at an amazing Thai restaurant. We were stuffed and shared a little message with our waitress. We headed for the night and had a chance to sleep at President and Sister Tilleman's home. They are so kind to us.

Friday we went to the Sister's Conference and the Spirit was there. Oh man. I was able to see Sister Doria and Sister Post again
(both former companions). They gave us Taco Del Mar for lunch. I miss Cafe Rio! We were truly inspired and I love how much love President and Sister Tilleman have for the sisters in the mission. I was able to have a little chat with President Tilleman and he gave me some great advise. He said he had "big things for me soon." With President Tilleman, you never know what that means. After spending the night at the Tilleman's again, Saturday morning all the sisters on the island, 3 sets, took the ferry over to the island and departed separate ways.   

Sunday at church was amazing. We had an investigator bear his testimony, which made me bawl like a baby. It is amazing and strange to see the love that I have for these people. I have only been here 12 weeks and yet I feel like it has been years. He told me he was sorry he hadn't opened up more to me but that he, and his less active girlfriend, love me. It is amazing what the spirit does!

In closing I just want you to know of my love for you. I am thankful for the many prayers and I love getting letters people!

Love you all so much. Have a wonderful week.

Love, Sister Saal.

No comments:

Post a Comment