Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 31, 2012 letter

Hello family (and friends),

Hope you had a wonderful Prime Rib dinner without me (It's a Saal family tradition to have Prime Rib at Christmas - thanks Uncle Rob!). I am still waiting for my left-overs in the mail. :) I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Christmas. We had a good time as well. However, we ate way too much turkey. I think I am still in a turkey coma a week later.

I think that flu bug is up here in Courtenay too. I have been sick for the past few days with a flu-like bug. oh man, I just can't get healthy! :) I think it is a sign that the island is sick of me. It has been an adventure trying to get healthy again. I am going to be eating plenty of veggies and fruits and drinking lots of water. Anything else I can do? Let me know. Things have been going fairly well here in Courtenay, despite being sick. I have an awesome companion who is taking good care of me.

I was able to read and finish the book Daughters in my Kingdom. It was a really good book. I had never read it before, but it was a very insightful look into the Relief Society program. I was really fascinated by the history of the Relief Society program, how it was established and then disbanded, and then reestablished. It gave great insight into how important the women of the church are. I forgot my notes, but there were many good quotes I will share next time.

I love you all so much.
I am not talking to my cousins ever again! Plus, they are not invited to my wedding. :)
(Sister Saal has two cousins that are getting married in February!!)

Sister Saal

No comments:

Post a Comment