Hello family (and friends),
Sounds like things are going very well for you down there. Papa, you called this the Great White North? You have more snow than the Island, so that is a little unfortunate. The weather here has been pretty nice lately. It is gray and sad looking, but not too cold. It is nice, but I am ready for a change. Bring on the sun!
Well, there are many wonderful things going on here in Courtenay. This could very well be my last time emailing you from this wonderful place. Transfer calls are tonight. I have been here 7 months or so. It may be time for a change. However, I am prepared to go where the Lord needs me. It is really crazy how much the time has flown by. My mom, Sister Doria, goes home in like 2 days! How sad. I was able to talk to her last night and it was so sweet. Sister Nuttall goes home in 6 weeks. It is so crazy. It seems like just yesterday we were paired as companions. It has been like 4 months. I am almost at my year mark, and yet it feels like just yesterday I got here! Wow! I am pretty sure time is speeding up.
I have had a really neat experience helping Sister B prepare for baptism. Her date is set for the 23rd of February. It is coming up so quick, but she is so excited. She is telling everyone about her date. You should see her light up. It is really neat because her husband is starting to warm up to us as well. They had us over for dinner the other night and he was very friendly. I guess he has been asking Sister B more and more questions. It is amazing to see how things are unfolding.
I want to share my testimony of this work that we are all engaged in. It makes me think of a story in the Book of Mormon in the book of Ether. When the Brother of Jared has the Lord light stones to shine in darkness as they are crossing the great waters. In verse 3 it says "And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness." Then jump to the end of verse 10 "and they did have light continually, whether it was above the water or under the water." In our life we have many times that we seem to be passing through the great waters of darkness, whether we are above the water or below the water. Times may be good and we are above the water, but times get tough and we seems to sink below the water. However, We have been given many lights (scriptures, prophet, prayer, parents, church, etc) that we have to travel through life. I pray that we may be able to use those lights we have not only to bless our own life, but also the lives of others. I know that my Savior lives.
I love you all so much family and friends! I hope you have a wonderful week. Until next time.
Sister Saal
Sister Saal
No comments:
Post a Comment