Monday, September 24, 2012

September 3, 2012 letter

Hello family!

Yesterday was Labour Day and so the library was closed. I am thankful for that because I was able to rest a lot yesterday.

This past week was pretty rough. We were inside most of the time due to Sister Saal being sick. That is right. The antibiotic they put me on for my sinus infection made me sick to my stomach and I threw up a few times. Not a pretty sight. The ward here is so great and Sister Thayer took good care of me! I slept a lot and she was able to do some extra studies!


While I was able to sleep/ rest, I was able to learn a lot about me. One major thing I learned while being sick is how much the Lord really loves me. Last Sunday we had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Sister Thayer did amazing on her talk on the Power of Scriptures. I was humbled by my topic. It was an address given in the October 2011 General Conference entitled, 'You Matter to Him' by President Uchtdorf! I love that talk simply because it talks about how much God really does know and love us. I feel small at times. I feel SO inadequate. I feel like I won't make a difference. However, that is how Satan wants us to feel. He wants us to feel alone, and small, and worthless. And yet, Heavenly Father loves us so much! He feels our sorrows. He knows our pains. He loves us perfectly. He has created worlds without ends, and He wants to hear from me. I am one in trillions, and yet I matter to Him. How true that is. How strongly I have come to see that. I love that talk! I am so thankful for the tender mercy in being assigned to speak on it. It was an amazing learning experience for me and for that, I am so thankful.

Another thing I have been working on is applying the scriptures to myself. A friend wrote and told me about the experiences he had. I have really thought about that. I try to apply my name in the scriptures, but I never would have thought about putting myself in the shoes of a Roman Solider, or Judas. It is amazing how much we can learn if we really apply the scriptures to our life. 

I love receiving letters from people, and I sent out a bunch yesterday. Sorry mom and dad, next week I will send a hand written letter. I had so many I had to catch up on, and I am still trying to play catch up. I love you family. I am thankful for your love and support. I am thankful for all you do.

Sister Saal!

Read 2 Nephi 24:3! One of my faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment