Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10, 2012 letter

Hello family (and friends)!

Thanks for keeping me up to date on life back home. I love hearing about all that is happening to you. Sounds like you are getting ready for a week full of chaos with the grand babies coming up. Give them a hug and a kiss for me. Tell them I love them. They better be there when I call home. I want to hear their little voices. :)

Things here in Courtenay are well. I made another trip to the doctor. I think I will have to get things checked out when I get home. My inner ear is full of liquid and I have "floaters" in my eyes. Sweet hey? Anyway, now that the dizziness is gone, things are going well.

Our investigators are progressing well. I am thankful and blessed to be a part of their lives. I know that things will work out how they should. :)

One cool experience I would like to share. You all get to see my inner most thoughts at the moment. :) There is one thing I have really been working on the past few weeks. One thing I have been praying a lot about, is to see myself the way others, especially our Father in Heaven, sees me. I know that too often we are way to hard on ourselves, and I know I am not the only one. A lot of people tell me I am a great missionary, not to boast or anything :), but sometimes I don't see myself as a great missionary. I pick out the things I did wrong instead of rejoicing on the things that went well. Life is a test and we are here to learn and to grow. I know that as I change this thinking now, it will be easier when I have a future family.

I am so very grateful for this time that I have to be serving the Lord right now. I am thankful for the trials I am going through, though I don't always believe that it will end! I am thankful for this time of the year that I have to be sharing our Savior's love with those around us. We had dinner with a member last night and her non-member husband was there. We started into our message and said, "With Christmas coming, we wanted to talk about Jesus Christ," He piped in with a smile "When do you not talk about Christ?" TRUE! I love it!

I love you all.
Have an excellent time with the kids!

Love,
Sister Saal

No comments:

Post a Comment