Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 3, 2012 letter

Hello my wonderful family (and friends)!
Happy December to you all. I hope that you are staying warm down there. I am trying to up here. It usually is about 3 degrees (Celsius) and rains basically every day. The humidity is bad so it feels like it is in the negatives. However, I am loving the island.

Did you get to see the Christmas Devotional last night? I loved it so much! It was really good. We had a friend come and she loved it. I will talk about her a little bit later. I am so excited for the Christmas season! He truly is the reason for the season!

I have a wonderful experience I want to share with you all. Yesterday when Sister Nuttall and I were doing our personal studies I was thinking about my life and how things are going for me. I know that things have been difficult and obviously a little down, missions can do that and I am not the only one :). I feel like I am on a super giant roller coaster. Things have been up and down and I don't feel like I am in control of my emotions. They seem to just be everywhere all the time. Well, in my studies yesterday I was thinking about one of my favorite hymns, I Believe in Christ, and one line just played over and over in my head. "And while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard: Ye shall obtain. I believe in Christ, so come what may" It hit me like a ton of bricks. So come what may! Who would have thought 4 words would have such power on me. I know that this is how my attitude should be. So come what may! I thought it was amazing. Then my thoughts went to who I want to be. I realized that I am a flawed mortal. I am imperfect. But, I know that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13. I just loved the feeling I had yesterday. I know that things will turn out how they should. I know that Heavenly Father is in charge of everything.

We have had some pretty mighty miracles this week.

One in particular: She is super funny and really amazing. She is teaching us how to make candles and soap. She expects us to take this art down to Utah to share with everyone. Oh man, I love her so much. She is such a special woman to me. She is so dear to my heart. We had a lesson with her on Friday. We were able to teach her the Restoration and we had a member there, which is really good. We were only planning on doing the first half, but we decided to do the whole thing. I had the sacred opportunity to share with her the First Vision of Joseph Smith. It was amazing! We invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she told us she already knew it was true! We asked her to pray about Joseph Smith, and she told us she knew he is a prophet of God, just from hearing the First Vision. The spirit was so strong there! I had the opportunity to invite her to follow Jesus Christ into the waters of baptism. With a smile on her face, she said yes! Since she just had surgery she wont be able to get into the water until after the new year. We set her date for January 15th and she is so excited! Truly, it is a miracle. I feel so humble to be in her life and help her receive this saving ordinance. She is worried that Sister Nuttall or I will be transferred in December. I am a little worried about that as well. I really want to be there for her baptism, but I told her I would come up when she goes through the temple. We will be friends for life.

We also had the chance to go Christmas caroling on Tuesday night with the Relief Society at an old folks home! it was so great. I loved it. I want to do it again next year. Who is with me?

Our bishop shared the words to the Christmas Shoes song in his talk last Sunday. It made me smile a little and think of you papa!
(Mark really does not like that song at all!)

I love you all so much! Thank you for all your love and support and prayers! You are the best people in the world!

Love,
Sister Saal

No comments:

Post a Comment