Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 20, 3013 letter

Hello family (and friends)!

It is a beautiful day here in Maple Ridge. I have not hit any more poles so we are good! What a week it has been though. Let's review what happened. 
 
(Just a review - Sister Saal and her companion go for walks every morning at 6:30.  During her walk one day, Sister Saal was studying her scriptures, trying to memorize one.  She wasn't paying attention and ran into a pole and gave herself a concussion!!  We can almost laugh about it now.)
 
I was sent to the ER again this week. Things from the concussion weren't getting any better, but were actually getting worse. Because of that, the mission nurse told Sister Dean to either take me to the ER or to call 911. Let's not freak out, but seriously? I could have ridden in an ambulance  Sweet. Instead, we decided to drive there. We were there for about 8 hours. Long time to be in the ER. However, they did some blood work (I didn't even cry when they stuck me with a needle) and they did a CT scan. It was awkward. The technician doing it was male and Sister Dean had to wait outside. For the first time in over a year and 4 months, I was alone with a male. AWKWARD! I have turned into a weirdo. I can't even hold a normal conversation with someone of the opposite sex. Wow. Someone is going to be weird when they get home. Proud of it too! 

Anyway, after the hospital the next day we drove to Vancouver, a hour or so drive, to see the mission doctor. She basically told me the same thing everyone has been saying. It will take time to heal. She said it could take a few months! What? I don't have a few months to heal, I come home in 3 months! I was talking to a member last night and I told her my plan. I am going to work my butt off for the next 3 months, and then when I get home I will give myself time to heal. I think it is a wonderful plan! I know papa will like it! :)

However, other than that, not much happened this week. I have been resting and sleeping a lot, but my strength is coming back to me. Yay. 

So, big news.........
 
3 wonderful teenagers are being baptized this Saturday in Maple Ridge! The Lord is blessing them so much. They have a strong desire to be baptized, and hopefully soon we will be able to help the dad enter into the waters of baptism too! I will send pictures when I can. So many wonderful things are happening for this family and I feel so blessed to be apart of their story. They have adopted me as their child and I feel so blessed. I call the boys 'ading' which mean "little brothers" in Tagalog. Sweet! 

Sorry this is a short letter. I haven't much time left or much more to say. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will leave you this picture of my bruise from the pole. The second one is me with the pole that did that to my head. 

Love you family! 
Sister Saal

No comments:

Post a Comment